Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Late night rendezvous!


We got back to our room just in time to find out that Eliane was waiting for us in front of the Opera Bastille. We very quickly got ready and dashed out the door - jumped on the metro and met up with Eliane around 9 pm. We walked through narrow little streets and down a dimly lit alley to a cute little dive called La China. Inside - it was warm, red and black velour, and a crowd sat listening to a jazz pianist in a basement club. We found a tiny little table with a couch and two chairs and sat and thawed out while listening to some soulful music. We ordered drinks and food. We talked and listened to music. About an hour and a half later, the waitress told us she lost our order and started over again. I think we got our food after waiting for about 2 hours. It was ok, though - we were discussing, relaxing and catching up with Eliane. She brought a beautiful mirror for Jeni as an early birthday present to her. She's very sweet and thoughtful and Beautiful! We had a very nice time. We left the club around midnight and parted at Eliane's metro stop. Jeni and I then proceeded to get ourselves very lost - and she almost pulled a stunt a'la Aubri and Kate. She had to go to the bathroom so badly she was crouching down on the sidewalk ("I lost my earring!!!!") while I desperately tried unsucessfully not to crack up - it would have pushed her over the edge! We were trying our best to figure out the metro - ok, well, we're here - if we take this metro to this metro and then switch to this metro, we might just make it before it shuts down for the night - or should I say morning - it was nearly 1 a.m. It was BITTER cold, we were lost, she had to go to the bathroom, we were exhausted! TAXI!!!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! oh I LOVE IT!!!! I can just see you too fools cracking up on the sidewalk wondering what to do and then "ohhhh, a TAAAAXXXIIIIII!!!" Of course! Oh how I miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, I meant you ****TWO**** fools, not "also" fools, that would imply that I am a fool..."so you think, but it isn't true!" xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my darling! How you do make me crack up. Reading your comments on my funny posts just makes me crack up even more! I do love you!

    ReplyDelete