Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Day of Mixed Feelings

Wow! Ok - I'm going to backtrack a few days. I was so excited to go - but also, very nervous to fly - really nervous - more than ever. But, I wasn't going to let that stop me. I was so emotional. I was very excited to spend some time with littlest Punkin, but ripping my heart out to say goodbye to Richard, the kids, Mom and Dad. So, feeling very stressed (especially after almost being denied our check-in), sad, and very nervous, we sat catching our breath at the gate. The flight was unbelievably cramped and felt like the longest and most uncomfortable flight ever. I LONGED to just lay down and go to sleep. I think I nodded off for maybe an hour total - off and on. I had a beautiful and sweet young woman sitting next to me from Brussels - Beatrice. She lives in Paris now. I have a picture of her with me - but I look HEEDEEOUS! As soon as we landed, I started to feel better - less stressed - no more nervousness - lots of excitement. It took us two hours after we landed to get our luggage (that was quick - ours were among the first bags out) and get a taxi and get to our hotel - Sully St. Germain on the Rive Gauche. I loved seeing the city sights on our way in. It was WONDERFUL to be back. I LOVE PARIS!!!! Pictures and more stories to come! I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. haha, you DID IT!!!!! You have posted your very first blog. Ohhhhh, I can't wait to continue reading your day to day adventures. Update soon! I hope you are having a beautiful day! xooxoxoxoxox!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello again...i called chatham high and they are faxing me jeni's transcript, will this work? let me know asap on aim or email....also check punkin's facebook b/c i sent you 2 a little special something!!!!!! xoxoxxoxo i love you! xo

    ReplyDelete