Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Mad Dash!


Wow! If I look like - I don't know - the worst thing ever in this photo - you're right! We certainly had timed it way too close for catching our train. After searching and searching for a place to park, we finally found a little lot which we didn't know whether it was ok to park in or not - but we grabbed it - we had no choice - we were about to miss our train. So, still in my meeting clothes and heels, I began to run - pulling my suitcase, pain in my side, pain in my chest, short of breath - no idea where to run to! I stopped a man in his car and asked "Ou est la gare?" "Where is the train station?" and he told me how to get there - down the street, turn right, down some stairs, underground and to the train station. I remember throwing my dignity away as I yelled across the train tracks to the security guards, "Monsieurs! Monsieurs!!! Si vous plait!!! Attendez!!!" We had to run down the platform, down the stairs and up to the other side and jump on our train without tickets. I had to buy duplicate tickets on the train and go back to the station the next day to explain the situation and get a refund (all explained in French, by the way). Still waiting to see if that worked out!!!! By the time we got our seats - I was hot and exhausted, but oh so relieved! Jeni had to be back in Montpellier for an early morning class. Wow! I still can't believe we made that train! I think it must have been by sheer force of will. Who's Will? Whoever he is, I need to thank him!




The next day all hell broke lose on the streets of Montpellier as Jeni and I really had it out!!! It was not fun! We both sobbed. We were both heartbroken and miserable. But, we recovered and ended up "clinging" to the sweetness of our last few days together.









I took a photo of Jeni and Elizabeth on the bus on our way to Vero's house - a little nervous of how the night was going to unfold as I told Vero I couldn't stay for Jeni's birthday dinner. Vero was so loving and kind as she said we would have a normal dinner and she would give Jeni her birthday present some other time. Jeni sat by me all night and was very cuddly and affectionate! All's well that ends well! We both just felt a little banged around emotionally! But, what I would give to be back with that little Punkin in France!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment